Home Infinity ocean, the ocean of knowledge, ocean life esoteric club. Forum wise people

WELCOME TO THE ESOTERIC WORLD

Home

fielder Craig Gentry to Oakland. He was a September call-up for th

in Infinity ocean, the ocean of knowledge. Ocean life. Esoteric Club. Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 am
by sakura698 • 260 Posts

TORONTO – Brett Lawries impending return from hamstring tightness creates a problem – a good problem – for manager John Gibbons. Custom Nike Houston Astros Jerseys . That is, how does he keep the red hot bat of Juan Francisco in the lineup when first base is taken by Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind is back as the designated hitter? "Maybe Francisco can play second," joked Gibbons. In all seriousness, Francisco has been a revelation for the ballclub since signing a minor league deal on April 2 and arriving in Cleveland to meet his new Blue Jays teammates on April 20. Coming off an 18-home run season split between Atlanta and Milwaukee last year, Franciscos already hit five in 61 at-bats for Toronto. He doesnt get cheated, either, having deposited one in the fourth deck of Rogers Centre, just above Paul Beestons name on the Blue Jays Level of Excellence. Franciscos slash line of .311/.403/.623 (1.026 OPS) is well above his career .248/.308/.447 (.755 OPS) but even if his history suggests his numbers will regress the longer he plays, until it happens, Francisco needs to stay in the lineup. "Right now were looking at everything," said manager John Gibbons. "While hes hot weve got to find a way to keep him in there somehow." The obvious play is to move Brett Lawrie to second base. It doesnt have to be permanent. Lawrie, should the decision be made, hopes its only temporary. "Im going to do it because its for the team but Im not necessarily amazed about it," said Lawrie. "Im a third baseman. Its where I play. Its what Ive been doing. Its what I did to work to get here. Obviously Francisco is swinging a hot bat but were going to have to find another way to get him in the lineup, who knows, but if I do get put at second base thats how it goes. Ill just do it for my team." Look at this hypothetical starting lineup with Francisco at third base and Lawrie at second base: Reyes – SSCabrera – LFBautista – RFEncarnacion – 1BFrancisco – 3BNavarro – CLind – DHLawrie – 3BRasmus – CF One through nine, wheres the easy out? The Blue Jays would be giving something up defensively with the realignment but Francisco has proven to be more adept at third base in Lawries absence than expected. "Ive been very impressed," said Gibbons. "I think that was his rap. His defence was the reason he never really established himself but we havent seen it. Of course hes not Lawrie down there but how many guys are?" Dont count on Saturday being Lawries return date. He took ground balls on Friday afternoon and participated in batting practice for a second consecutive day. Its part of the process of ramping up the effort level, testing his sore right hamstring. "Ive still got to do some other stuff baseball-wise," said Lawrie. "Ive still got to get up to relatively full speed to see how were doing. Ran on the treadmill today at a little bit higher pace so feeling a little bit better." Lawries willing to be a team guy. He also wants the appropriate recognition for his gold glove caliber play at the hot corner. "Im a third baseman," said Lawrie. "I worked my butt off to get where Im at. Im not saying its not going to help the team. Im here to do what it is to help the team but I worked my butt off to be that good at third base and continue to do what Im doing. I work everyday over there. Still continuing to get my work in and second base, it is what it is, man, its not what Im here to do. I worked my butt off to do what I do out there." Custom Nike St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys .A. Happ is coming off his first start of the year, a win at Philadelphia Monday. The former Phillie allowed three hits in five scoreless frames of a 3-0 triumph. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys Outlet . -- Edwin Encarnacion hit a three-run homer, Colby Rasmus drove in two runs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Detroit Tigers 9-4 on Saturday. https://www.customnikebaseballjerseys.com/311n-custom-nike-tampa-bay-rays-jerseys-baseball.html . 1. Did the Senators trade the wrong goalie? Lets make one thing clear: The Ottawa Senators acquired Ben Bishop from the St. Louis Blues for one reason and one reason alone.ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers want struggling rookie outfielder Michael Choice to work on his game in the minor leagues while they replace yet another pitcher in their injury-riddled rotation. The Rangers demoted Choice to Triple-A Round Rock on Monday with his average at .177 after just six hits in the past month. "He needed to go get himself together," manager Ron Washington said. "We have a lot of faith in him. Its just that you dont need the struggles to become mental." Infielder Donnie Murphy was designated for assignment, allowing Texas to bring up right-handed reliever Roman Mendez and outfielder Jake Smolinski from Round Rock. Both could make their major league debut in the series opener against Houston. Rookie right-hander Nick Martinez was scratched from Tuesdays start because of a pulled muscle in his rib cage, apparently sustained while batting during an interleague series with the New York Mets. He will be replaced by right-hander Phil Irwin, who made his only big league appearance in a start for Pittsburgh last year. Irwin is 4-1 with a 1.74 ERA in six starts for Round Rock. Its likely that Martinez will be placed on the disabled list but only miss two starts because of the All-Star break.. Custom Nike New York Yankees Jerseys. "He wants to start tomorrow, but just trying to be smart," general manager Jon Daniels said. "Irwins been throwing the ball well at Triple-A. Looking forward to seeing what hes got." Irwin will be the 12th starter used by Texas, one shy of Colorados major league high. The Rangers acquired Choice in an off-season trade that sent utility outfielder Craig Gentry to Oakland. He was a September call-up for the As after spending the year with Triple-A Sacramento and was good enough in spring training this year to make Texas opening day roster. "Very few guys come up and stick and contribute from Day One," Daniels said. "That was our hope. There were times we thought that might be the case." The 25-year-old Smolinski was a second-round pick by Washington in 2007 and spent his first seven professional seasons in the minor leagues. He spent most of this season with Double-A Frisco, where he had 10 home runs in 72 games, before a recent promotion. The 23-year-old Mendez missed most of 2013 after surgery for a stress fracture in his right elbow. He was 0-1 with a 4.02 ERA in Round Rock. The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Murphy to the minor leagues. He was hitting .196. ' ' '

Scroll up

Home

Holy Oly

Home
Content

R
Home
Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: GiftsValla
Board Statistics
The forum has 3281 topics and 3450 posts.