Home Infinity ocean, the ocean of knowledge, ocean life esoteric club. Forum wise people

WELCOME TO THE ESOTERIC WORLD

Home

w instead ricocheted hard off Aokis helmet and towa

in Infinity ocean, the ocean of knowledge. Ocean life. Esoteric Club. Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:34 am
by sakura698 • 260 Posts

KITCHENER, Ont. Cheap Ultra Boost 2018 . – The field is now set for the Roar of the Rings Canadian Curling Trials next month in Winnipeg. The final two spots on both the mens and womens side were wrapped up in Kitchener this past week with a few surprising teams, especially on the womens side – taking the next step in their curling careers. The biggest one came from Val Sweeting and her Edmonton rink, who upset two-time Scotties winner and former world champion Kelly Scott in the second qualifier. "Based on where we were sitting coming in, we knew we had a good shot, we had a good start to the season and we just knew we had to play well," said Sweeting after the biggest win of her career. Joanne Courtney is the second on the team – throwing third rocks – and says she thought the team was finally ready to make the next step going into the week. "Weve actually been playing quite consistently, having decent results on tour. We were close. We werent winning, we werent making semis, but we felt we were playing consistently and starting to play well," said Courtney."Its the biggest game any one of us has ever played in our entire lives and we were able to go out there, stay together and put together a game that was good enough to win." Renee Sonnenberg of Grand Prairie, Alberta also advanced to the Trials by defeating Scott in the first qualifier. The 2006 Olympic bronze medalist, Shannon Kleibrink, and the 2010 Olympic silver medalist, Cheryl Bernard, were both unable to make it to the qualifying matches. On the mens side, it was more of what people expected. John Morris and his new rink from Kelowna, B.C., formerly led by Jim Cotter, who still throws skip stones, dominated all week, going undefeated. The defending Brier champ Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie rink topped Brad Gushue of Newfoundland, 7-6 in the final qualifier. "It feels like weve been here for a month, it really does," said Jacobs. The event was a tough one for the team, having to play in the second qualifier after losing a sloppy game to Morris in the first, but Jacobs said thats just how they do things. "We bounce back really, really well and I just think its because we all have the same goal in mind and we all want to win so badly that well do whatever it takes," said the 28-year-old skip. With their Brier dream already crossed off, Jacobs says theyre ready for another accomplishment – Olympic gold. "The Olympics and the Brier for me as far as goals, wanting to win and importance is 50/50. Weve won the Brier; this [Olympics] is the next step. We want this really bad," he said. "You etch your mark in history when you win the Brier, but I think you do that even moreso when you win an Olympic gold medal." Gushue knows what it means to be an Olympic champion. He won it as a 25-year-old in 2006, alongside veteran Russ Howard, Mark Nichols and Jamie Korab. Fast-forward eight years later, Gushue has a completely new – and younger – team. Third Brett Gallant, 23, second Adam Casey, 24, and lead Geoff Walker, 27, make up one of the youngest squads in curling and Gushue says it will take time to click. "This team wasnt probably ready to win this year anyway. Were still young, we still make stupid mistakes and it cost us this week," he said. Having said that, Gushue likes the path theyre on. "I think were only going to get better. I think there are a lot of teams out there right now that probably are on the downside of the longevity of their teams," said the owner of a Menchies Frozen Yogurt franchise. "I think theres a lot of upside in our team and what we can do. Were going to regroup from this and learn from it and try to get a little bit better." Its easy to see curling is going through a transitional period with younger teams like Jacobs and Rachel Homan quickly rising through the ranks. Yet a lot of the top rinks still have skips who are in their 40s or 50s, namely Glenn Howard, Kevin Martin and Jeff Stoughton. "There are a lot of good, young players [in the game], fortunately for me I have three of them on my team and Im not that old myself," said Gushue. Sweetings rink is a youthful group as well but Courtney doesnt believe being young is an advantage when it comes to curling. "There are two sides of the coin there," said the 24-year-old. "The older teams have a lot more experience in this type of setting – the arena, being on TV, being micd, all those type of things. I dont know really if age plays a ton." The Roar of the Rings Olympic Trials run from Dec. 1-8 at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg with complete coverage on TSN and TSN2. Grey Ultra Boost 2018 . Sizemore, who turned 29 on Jan. 4, has been limited to six games over the past two seasons because of an injured left knee that twice required surgery. He originally got hurt on Feb. 25, 2012, during a fielding drill in Oaklands first full-squad spring training workout and had surgery that March 21 to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Cheap Ultra Boost 2018 China . Kyrie Irving and the Cleveland Cavaliers were left fretting over an MRI on the stars left knee. Paul George scored 21 points, Roy Hibbert added 19 and the Pacers used a dominant fourth quarter to blow out the Cavaliers 91-76 on Tuesday The Pacers (25-5) have won eight in a row over Cleveland, their longest active streak against any opponent. http://www.cheapultraboostsale.com/ . Long snapper Patrick Mannelly announced Friday that he is retiring after a 16-year-career with the Bears, a span in which he played in a team record 245 games and snapped the ball 2,282 times. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Royals manager Ned Yost admitted that he often manages an entire game around getting the ball to reliever Wade Davis in the eighth inning and closer Greg Holland in the ninth. The fact that Yordano Ventura gave him six solid innings made things even easier. Ventura returned from a sore elbow to keep the St. Louis Cardinals off balance, and Kansas City rallied for three runs in the sixth inning before the bullpen closed out a 3-2 win Thursday night that ended a string of eight straight home losses to its cross-state rivals. "The bullpen was fantastic tonight," Yost said. Of course, so was Ventura. The hard-throwing right-hander was skipped his previous time through the rotation because of the ailment, but looked sharp in his return. Ventura (3-5) pitched to contact and took advantage of some sharp defence, which helped him to limit the damage whenever he ran into trouble. "Everything was good," Ventura said through a translator. "I wasnt nervous. I was very anxious. I wanted to pitch well to help the team win." He wasnt in line for the win until the Royals rallied for three runs off Michael Wacha (4-4) in the sixth inning, and Francisley Bueno and Davis each pitched a perfect inning in relief. Holland made things interesting in the ninth. Oscar Taveras led off with a grounder toward second base that Omar Infante fielded deep in the hole and threw awkwardly to first base. Umpire Dan Iassogna initially ruled the throw beat Taveras to the bag, but a video review showed that he was clearly safe. Holland proceeded to strike out Jhonny Peralta, but a wild pitch sent pinch runner Randal Grichuk to second base. Holland then struck out Jon Jay and Peter Bourjos to end the game. The Royals took the first two games of the four-game, two-city series at Busch Stadium, and then lost 5-2 in 11 innings on Wednesday night before taking the series finale. Kansas City improved to 6-2 against National League clubs this season, while its slumping cross-state rivals lost for the seventh time in their past eight games. The game was expected to be a showdown between two oof the games bright young pitchers in Ventura, with his 100 mph fastball, and Wacha, who emerged for St. Ultra Boost 2018 For Sale. Louis last season. Neither of them disappointed. Ventura left two runners aboard in the first inning and a runner on third base in each of the next three innings. Alex Gordon then helped him out of the fifth, when he threw out Yadier Molina trying to stretch a single into a double with a strong throw from left field. The call was confirmed after a review that lasted 3 minutes, 30 seconds. Wacha only allowed two hits through the first five innings before Alcides Escobar started the Royals rally with a double in the sixth. Nori Aoki followed with an RBI double and Eric Hosmer guided a single through a drawn-in infield to knot the game 2-all. Salvador Perez, who had been in a 2-for-24 slump at home, followed with a go-ahead single. "Wacha was real good up the point of the sixth inning and thats consecutive starts where weve had starters come out and be real good and just hit a wall," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "We just werent able to get enough offence back after that." The fact that Aoki had a part in the Royals sixth-inning rally was perhaps fitting. The outfielder was leading off in the first inning when he took a pitch low and inside. He was still leaning slightly over the plate when Molina tried to return the ball to Wacha, and the throw instead ricocheted hard off Aokis helmet and toward the third-base dugout. Aoki crumpled into a heap and lay in the dirt for several minutes before resuming his at-bat. He later grounded out, but hurt the Cardinals with his double during the Royals decisive rally. "Yadi was real apologetic," Yost said. "Nori was just like, OK, OK." NOTES: Cardinals 2B Kolten Wong left in the fifth inning with soreness in his left shoulder, which he hurt diving for a ball Tuesday night in St. Louis. Daniel Descalso replaced him. ... Royals RHP Jeremy Guthrie starts a four-game series against the Yankees on Friday night. Cardinals RHP Lance Lynn will start for St. Louis to open its three-game set in Toronto. ' ' '

Scroll up

Home

Holy Oly

Home
Content

R
Home
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: GiftsValla
Board Statistics
The forum has 3279 topics and 3448 posts.